This pattern has the instructions for 9 sizes, starting from newborn to adult large size. The finished hat has some stretch but if you prefer a loose fit, simply use a larger hook.
• 3.5 mm (E) Hook for 0-6 months and 6-12 months sizes
• 4.0 mm (G) Hook for 3-6 months, 9-12 months and child sizes
• 4.5 mm (US7) Hook for toddler size
• 5 mm (H) Hook for teen and small adult size
• 5.5 mm (I) or 6 mm (J) Hook for medium to large adult size
• Approximately 80-200 yards (40-90 grams) of worsted/aran
weight yarn (I used Paintbox Yarns Simply Aran, which you can buy here) depending on the size chosen.
• Yarn needle for weaving in ends
• Optional: Faux fur pompom
You can get the pattern and add it to your Ravelry queue and favourites if you click the link below: